Monday, August 3, 2009

Spring Ballet--Cinderella


Whitney trying to be like Sam

Late posting this . . . but still important! This spring Sammy had her ballet recital, she was a "lady in waiting" for the ballet Cinderella! She has done very well in ballet and wants to continue taking again this fall! This summer she did gymnastics, soccer, and swimming lessons! She has excelled and enjoyed them all! But sometimes I wonder if I am seriously over-scheduling my kids? . . . I NEVER did any summer sports. I just keep thinking back to my summer vacations and all the FREEDOM that they held. Of course, I can't handle a ball to save my life, I eventually did learn to swim, and gymnastics was like breathing to me, but I only did that during the school year . . . Am I helping my children or cluttering their childhood. I sometimes wonder with ALL the running around we do . . . . which is best?

2 comments:

White Family said...

Oh, Sammy looks gorgeous. They should've cast her as Cinderella! I couldn't picture a better Cinderella if I tried to. One of these visits we have got to see videos of Sam dancing. Whatever you do don't cut bellet out of her busy schedule, for my sake! Look at those hands! I know some 16 year olds that can't learn ballet/dance hands and fingers when I beat them over the head with it! She's absolutely beautiful, and she'll go very far in dance.

Brandi said...

Sami is such a beautiful little girl. She looks stunning. Looks like she has a passion for it, and little Whit is following in her footsteps-so cute.
I don't know what to tell you about all the activities...we really don't have anything up here to do. If the kids start complaining about all they get to do, then maybe cut on of the activities out. Good Luck!!!