Monday, August 3, 2009

NOT REALLY M.I.A.--Journalling--

Though it seems we, the White's, have fallen off the face of the earth-it is simply not true. We are all still here. Quite alive and well. Busy. But now slowing down. I have been taking great strides to calm the chaos of our lives. I have recently been released from being Young Women's President. It is bitter/sweet. I love the Y.W. so very much. But my life was so crazy busy, that I was losing the peace and joy I should be feeling. I am feeling calmer now. Like I can breath. Like I can now figure out who I am again. I felt lost in the shuffle. This is our last week of summer rec. programs. And I question the wisdom of getting the girls so involved in things this summer. Sam---Gymnastics, soccer, and swimming and Kenz---Golf, soccer, and swimming ---that is a lot of running here and there. When do the kids get to play? When do they get a free day? The girls have loved being involved in these sports, but what about just being a KID? I may have to re-think this for next summer? Between trips and family reunions, we have hardly had a moment to enjoy summer. But now, with about 3 weeks left, I am feeling relief. I just want to be a "stay-at-home-Mom." Maybe this year, that can happen. I am not teaching TaVaCi this year either. This also is a bit bitter/sweet I really did enjoy teaching the kids and I love to sing and dance, but I just need TIME and SPACE. So, I am reining it in. I want to feel like I am LIVING my life and not that it is RUNNING me. So here I am. I am happy. Ready. Calm. Excited to live. Breathing again. :) It feels good.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Christina - way to go. I think cutting out stuff is the best. We have to only choose one thing or we all go crazy, but especially me. You will love just having a bit a breathing space. Good luck with back to school!

White Family said...

Way to simplify! Hoefully now we'll get even more White family updates. We miss you guys a whole lot. These trips always makes us wish that we lived much closer. Thanks for letting us stay with you guys, you were excellent hosts.

Brandi said...

Sounds like you have it all in order...at least for a minuet-Right! I love it when I can "breath" it really changes the mom and wife that I am. I think that we all need that time and time again!
I hope that you had a great birthday. I meant to call you, had thought of it all week...then it just slipped my mind! I was even in Rexburg because I had a doctors appointment that morning. We find out we are having another little boy. We are excited. So I want you to know that I didn't forget about it, it just was put in the back of my mind for the day!

Nick and Brent said...

Chris, I feel bad that I never realized how stressed you were about life. You always seem so put-together to me, organized, and happy. But I think you're right...we enjoy life so much more when it's simplified, and have our priorities in order. Sometimes we pack so much in, we're missing out on the things that matter most. So good luck! And let me know if you ever need anything!