Thursday, August 27, 2009

Samantha's Summer of Gymnastics, Soccer, and Swimming

After swimming lessons at the College.
Sam floating on her back.

Playing Soccer. This is her 3rd year and she did very well.
This was the first year they played with a goalie (S.P.?) She loved having that challenge and more structure to the game.

This was a busy summer. Sam got to do gymnastics and she really enjoyed it. She has a broad range of things she is interested in. I like exposing the girls to lots of activities in hopes that they will find something that they are talented at and passionate about. So far I think Sam loves ballet the best, but she is enjoying doing all sorts of sports. Soccer, this summer, was fun because they started playing a few positions. I think it made it more interesting for Sam. She likes order and structure. She also took swimming lessons and is dang close to being able to swim fully on her own. She can make it pretty far by herself. I think with more practice it will all come together for her. The problem lies in the fact that we have NO POOL in our town. Pathetic. Maybe someday we will have one again.

5 comments:

Natalie said...

Samantha is too cute! Do you remember when we were on the same soccer team when we were, like, 7 years old? I just had a relapse of me riding in your white truck and you and your mom talking about the vinyl blinds while you took me home from practice. :) Your girls are darling and uber talented, just like you!

White Family said...

Sounds like the girls all had a jam packed, fun filled summer! I think they will really appreciate all the different activities you exposed them to when they get older. I think that's very neat! I didn't know Kenzie did Golf!? I'm sure she had a lot of fun, although I can't imagine how golfing is EVER fun :)

Nick and Brent said...

I know it was probably a stressful summer with all these activities, but I always look back with fond memories of swimming lessons and softball and basketball camps. So I'm sure they will too. Its nice because you're letting them experience a broad range of activities so they can pick what they want to pursue. There are things I always wish I would have tried doing when I was younger, that I thought I would have liked. Oh well!

Gavin and Natalie said...

OK...so I haven't checked blogs in forever. CONGRATS! I am so excited you guys are having a baby. Your three are so cute. I can't wait to see the fourth. :) I also just read your 29th birthday post. I laughed so hard. I completely agree with you. Who plans past 30? Will it ever come? I'm more getting worried that we still won't have started our family by that age. :)

Kimberly Clark said...

Your blog is beautiful! I love it. Your pictures are so much fun. I cant believe you survived that busy summer. Wonderwomen in the house! I am glad all is well. Your trip to St. George looked like a blast aside from the heat. Sorry I havent looked at blogs in a while. Thinking of you!