Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The First Day Of School

Sam ready for 2nd Grade!! Her teacher is Mrs. Sherman. Sam is giving us her Aunt Becca pose.
I went school clothes shopping with the girls and I just let them pick out the clothes they liked. They did a really good job, I think they have great taste! It was a fun way to do things and plus now I know they like everything they got . . . they picked it.

Kenzie on her first day of Kindergarten. Her teacher is Mrs. Parker. Kenzie is ready and excited for school. She was calm and happy to get on the bus. Just taking it all in stride.
Kenz with her cute back-pack. Looking so grown-up.

School girls. (With little sis in the back-ground). I had fun shopping with them for their school clothes, another perk of having girls. They would try on their clothes and I could tell if they really liked it on, because they would start dancing in the mirror. I also LOVE doing their hair!! I have so much fun doing different styles and using big hair bows. (Perk for having girls.) We got up nice and early this morning and had plenty of time to get ready, eat breakfast, and even read scriptures . . . I hope we can do that well for the rest of the year. . . Last night we weighed and measured the girls. We mark it on the back of the door in the kitchen, it is always interesting to see how much they have grown over the year. Scott was able to give them all a Father's Blessing for the new school year. I know the girls appreciated the extra help of a blessing. It was a wonderful way to start the new year. I am so glad that school has started, the girls are great friends, but they were really needing a break from each other. Now the house is pretty quiet with just me, Whit, and Dodger here. Whitney actually plays really well by herself, in fact prefers it that way. So I am looking forward to some extra time to get organized and maybe find sometime to do a few things that I enjoy.

3 comments:

The Schwab Family! said...

Too cute! Jaden had Mrs. Sherman last year and absolutley loved her!

White Family said...

That is so cute! They do have really good fashion senses. I love the little outfits they picked out. Kyle was like, "what's with all the animal prints?" Go figure, he's a guy, he has NO idea. I love the picture with Whitney in the background, she looked sad for a minute but when we looked closer we realized she was just dazed out. You day is coming soon Whit!

Nick and Brent said...

Whitney does look a little sad in the background! Thanks for putting these pictures up, I love seeing kids on the first day of school and the excitement in their faces. :)