Tuesday, August 4, 2009

My Last Birthday. 29.

So this picture was not taken on my birthday, but it is close enough. This is what I look like turning 29. This was a hard age to swallow. The closer I get to 30 the more old I feel/sound. I really only planned my life up to 30 . . . graduate High School, go to college College, get married, buy a house, have all my kids by the time I am 30 . . . And that my friends, are my life's goals. So apparently life is over at 30. I really need to set some more goals for my life. Because I am really feeling like---NOW WHAT? I need to evaluate what I want in my life. What I want to accomplish. So I took sometime and wrote out some goals for myself. This time I am not putting a time limit on them. I am just going to keep working on them. And when I finish them I will set some more and probably change some along the way.
1. Finish my degree
2. Sew/ tie a quilt all on my own
3. Run another 5k
4. Run on a rely team
5. Get braces again
6. Vacation in Hawaii
7. See Paris from the Eiffel Tower
8. Go to the top of the Statue of Liberty
9. Serve in a soup kitchen
10. Forgive-Forget-and Love
11. Try not to be judgemental
12. Don't criticize others/myself
13. Ride in a hot air balloon
14. Read the Bible
15. Climb the Teton Mt.'s
16. Eat a lobster
17. Swim in the ocean
18. Take a painting class
19. Serve a mission
20. Ride a motorbike cross country
21. Teach my daughters how to be virtuous. Help them understand how valuable, talented, beautiful, intelligent, and capable they are.
22. Find God again
23. Find me again
24. Take my family to Disneyland
25. Croquet a baby blanket
26. Learn to snowboard
27. Plant a garden
28. Build our own home. Our dream home.
29. Be humble, be teachable. Listen.
30. Write a book of poetry. Just for me. Not to publish.
31. Cook a turkey and host Thanksgiving dinner.
32. Visit my Grandparents more often.
33. Read "Gone with the Wind"
34. Read "Lord of the Rings"
35. Be a cheer coach
36. Coach Gymnastics
37. Learn how to bottle fruit and veggies.
38. Help my girls navigate through puberty, make-up, piercings, bras, periods, boys, deodorant, shaving, and peer pressure.
39. Be someone my girls trust and can talk with.
40. Be a better friend.
41. Be a builder-not a destroyer. Nurture.
42. Housebreak the DOG
43. Go to Australia--See the Kangaroos
44. See our Nation's Capitol--tour the White House.
45. Go para-sailing
46. -----Is For my Eyes Only (HA! HA! :o )------
47. Get a facial
48. Organize my house.
49. Simplify.
50. Give birth to a healthy baby in Feb. 2010.
So I guess I do have a little more to live for. A little more to learn. A little more to see. A little more to accomplish before life is over. 30 better not be the end. I am hoping to make a beginning ---now ---this year. Here's to 29. Eternal youth.

11 comments:

Melyssa said...

First of all CONGRATULATIONS! February babies are the best! :) And trust me, life is not over at 29 or even at 30 (yet!) What a great idea to set some goals for yourself. I need to do that too! You've inspired me! Love you!

Lisa said...

Congrats on the new baby headed your way. What a great post - I think I will follow in your footsteps and set some goals for myself since I turn 30 next month! Where does the time go? It doesn't seem like too long ago that gymnastics was everything - time goes so fast.

Natalie said...

Yay for baby number four! Ours can be little friends. :) Happy belated birthday and thanks for inspiring me to set some goals for my next phase in life. Your ideas are wonderful and I wish you the best of luck in accomplishing each endeavor. You're an amazing woman and I appreciate the wonderful example you've always been to me. Here's to being 29 forever!

Robyn said...

Congrats on baby #4! How exciting! You're goal list is amazing! Probably because it takes an amazing woman to write them and be determined to complete them! You made me want to be better today! Thanks for sharing!
Robyn

Brandi said...

Well that is one way to announce that you are pregnant! Even if it was for your eyes only...I still read it!!! Congratulations. That is just wonderful! I will be awaiting a post about it soon or even better a call!!! I can't believe that you haven't posted or announced it yet.
I appreciate your list of goals and things to do over the next years. My mom loved her 30's she said that they were her favorite years. Im excited for them-I will only be 29 this year, so I guess that I have a little ways to go before I can experience my 30's. Jas turns 30 in september and like you I think he feels like life is over...I just keep telling him that it is only the begining! I will have my family (I think) and can start to enjoy things on a completely different level. Im excited for the future...every part of it! Good Luck with your goals. I would love to be by yourside for some of these ones...I think of all the FIRSTS that we went through together-there were very few things we didn't do together. It makes me sad to think of what we lost when we went to college. For whatever reason it is a struggle to get it back. It actually breaks my heart. Wouldn't it be nice to do some of your goals together again! I will gladly do lots of them with you!
Chris don't throw life away so early...you have so many wonderful years of LIFE ahead of you! I know that you know that...but it really is just begining!

Nick and Brent said...

I love all of your goals (especially your subtle #50), I feel like I need to set some goals because life passes by too quick! Don't stress about 29...I hear so many people say how much they love their 30's...and you look so young anyway!

White Family said...

If I look remotely as good as you do at 29 when I turn 25, I will thank my lucky stars in the heaven above! Seriously Chris I don't know why you fret. Have you looked in the mirror? One, you're gorgeous and fit, period! Two, you have accomplished so much in these short 29 years that so many people would be lucky to accomplish in 50! I love your "bucket list", there are so many things on your list that I read and said in my mind "ditto, ditto, ditto". This totally makes me want to make a goals list for myself too. The only difference is, you're so motivated that I have no doubt you will reach all these goals you've set. Keep me updated as you pass off some of these babies, I'll be excited to see your progress and hopefully it'll give me motivation! Love you!

Hohmann Family said...

Yeah, turning 30 in a few months and wondering where all the time went. Goals/bucket list is a good idea. It would be fun! When I first read #50 I thought it said baby boy and I about flipped! Then I read it again. But I was still excited! Here's to another fabulous 30 years!

Kimberly Clark said...

First of all, Happy Birthday. You are such an insparation to me. I was feeling the same way headed to thirty...Unmarried, just starting an education, how imbarrasing for me. I had so much I wanted to have done! My family, education, just be married, ect. You are exactally right, thank you for writing your thoughts. Live cant always be the way you planed it out to be to a point, It changes to much and it is always good to have new goals, Different goals to fit your life now and in the future. So thanks, Your awesome!

Anonymous said...

Congratualtions Chris!!! I am so happy for you. You are so lucky thah you are 29 this year. i turn 30 in a month and I am dreading it. You are so inspirational! Your list is amazing, but blah i'm sorry that you want braces again. I had braces in adulthood and it sucks!! (I worked for an ortho and got them for free while Pat was in grad school). But yeah on everything else!!! Congrats again, fingers crossed for a boy!!

Tiffany said...

I am behind on my blog reading!! I loved your post and I love hearing about the new baby!!! Congrats! I can't wait to see you again.