Thursday, August 27, 2009

Catching up. Butler Family Reunion in St. George

We got to go to Zions National Park. We are trying to cool down in the water. It was a very hot day.
We hiked up to weeping rock.

Kenz.
Sam in her "grown-up" sun glasses.
Whit. You can tell how hot she is, her little cheeks are all red.
This is Tuacahn, an outdoor theater in St. George. It was the most gorgeous setting . . . big red Mt. all around us . . .
Me and Scotty after the show was over.
We saw "Footloose" and the guy that played the main guy, I recognized from "So you think can Dance" It was awesome!

Me and Dad at Tuacahn before the show started. It was of course blasted HOT.


Scotty at Tuacahn.
This summer we had the Butler Family Reunion in a neutral/central location that way no one had to host and it was not that far for anyone to travel. We stayed in really nice condos with lots of swimming pools!! It was a blast. The girls loved getting to swim every day. It was way hot down there, 110 most days. I could hardly stand it. I am an Idaho girl, we are thick blooded and ready for the COLD. I enjoyed seeing my cousins and their little kids. Our girls had lots of 2nd cousins to play with, it made it very fun. All of us with little kids went to a big "Jump House" where there were all these big blow-up jump castles and slides. The girls loved it and played for hours there. We also got to see our friends Matt and Kristi from chiropractic college, they live down there.

2 comments:

White Family said...

THAYNE! I bet he did an awesome job playing the main part, I can totally picture him on stage. His dance style is perfect for that part. What a fun trip, despite the heat. Who am I kidding, IN SPITE of the heat! We here in AZ love our heat. Kyle's definitely become climatized and Chase HATES anything cold, even ice cream! Arizona boy through and through.

Hohmann Family said...

Wish I could've changed the weather for you. But I'm glad you enjoyed your activities anyway. I'm glad to be getting out of this intense heat - even though I'll be trading it for a LOT of snow. I'll live. The change will be nice at first.