Friday, October 16, 2009

I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

Sam and Scotty


All dressed in White



Checking out the font


On Saturday October 10, 2009 Samantha got baptized! It was a very special day. Scott was able to baptise and confirm her. Sam was very prepared for this grown up decision. She has a strong testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. She feels spiritual things--it is real to her. She told us that she knows this is the first step back to her Father in Heaven and that she is on the straight and narrow path. Such conviction. The faith of a child is so inspiring. They don't doubt, they believe and love. Scott gave her a beautiful blessing of confirmation. And I was grateful for him and the priesthood that he holds ---it is real and powerful. I was deeply grateful for all our family support that were able to be there. My sister, Becca and her husband Nick, even came up from UT to be there with Sam. This meant a lot to me and her. We got to have a big family brunch at out house afterwards, and I just loved having everyone with us--filling our house with laughter and talking and good food. I found myself just looking around and smiling. I loved having everyone in our home. The rest of the day was spent with Becca and Nick at my mom's and I think that Nick definitely earned "The BEST Uncle of the Year Award" He played countless games with the girls and even squeezed under the stairs with them to play with their glow-in-the-dark bracelets. Crazy. I actually felt bad for him because they wouldn't leave him alone. But he is so kind and good-natured and happily played with them all afternoon. Bless his heart. It was a great day. :) Way to go Sam!! We love you and we are so proud of you!

3 comments:

Ronda said...

congratulations Samantha! We are so very happy for you. You have such a sweet testimony. And are a great example to my girls.
Christina you are such a good mommy...always doing whats right and teaching your kids so well. It sounds like it was such a great day. Familys are so fun!

Natalie said...

Yay Samantha! What a special event. Sam is gorgeous and sounds like a wonderful little gal. I'm glad everything went well and that you all had a nice time.

Brandi said...

Oh Sam you are such a beautiful young lady. I am so proud of you that you made the choice to get baptised.
Chris I just can't believe that she is old enough to get baptised. What an amazing day. I am so happy that everyone was able to be there to share in such a special moment with all of you!