Thursday, October 1, 2009

The Computer Era




O.k. so spunky little Whitney . . . she is literally always cracking me up!! She makes me laugh or smile everyday. I adore her. I just wanted to write a few funny things that she has recently said so I don't forget them. (Moms tend to do that . . .) A few weeks before school started we were helping my mom get her classroom set up and we had taken a lunch break. We took the girls to Applebee's, and while we were waiting for our food, the girls were coloring on their menus. Whitney wanted to write her name, so she is asking me to spell it for her. "W"---she "writes" what she thinks a "W" would be, "H"--- "I"--- after the "I" she looks up at me and asks, " Dot Com, Mommy? and then a dot com?"---It was soooo cute. I got the biggest kick out of it. She is 3. Inside I am thinking, "Seriously? This kid knows, dot com?" How many websites has she heard just in passing. Crazy Computer Era. And then tonight, It was just she and I left at the dinner table and we were talking together and she was quoting "Ice Age" to me (the first one). She loves to quote movies. Anyway there is a part with some Doe Doe Birds and they are guarding melons as their food storage---there are some mishaps and there is only one melon left. One of the them says, "The LAST melon." ---with a kind of wonderment in his voice, she loves that part--for some reason. Anyway, some of the Doe Doe's go off the cliff in a group and in that group is their last Female Doe Doe. One of the Birds says, "There goes our last female." So Whitney is quoting this part to me and she says, " There goes our last E-mail." I said, "You mean female?" and she clarifies it for me, " No Mom, our last EEE-Mail." So sure of herself. I just laughed and said, "O.K." Too funny.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Hilarious! She is too cute.

White Family said...

Oh that is s funny! Kyle and I were laughing so hard! She has so much spunk and personality. We love seeing all her different picture poses. Your girls are just too fun. Sometimes I say I wouldn't mind having all boys, but whenever I see your girls and hear all the cute and sweet stories about them, it makes me want a girl really badly. Too cute!