Monday, March 2, 2009

Whitney White . . .


Two years old is such an amazing age. Sometimes it truly is the "Terrible twos" and other times the "Terrific twos." Whitney swings rapidly between the two titles. The past month she has all-of-a-sudden loved going to Nursery!! I would like to report that it was all due to my exceptional parenting skills and wonderful strategies . . . alas none of that is the case . . . One Sunday she just decided that she LOVED nursery again. And that was that. I fought her "Tooth and Nail" for months, then one Sunday--I fought her to go into the Nursery, but she came out smiling and extremely proud of a picture she had scribbled on and that was the turning point. The next week (and all others following) she has joyfully skipped to Nursery.
Whitney is now in the middle of the "Potty Training Adventure!" This is our 2nd week. The first week was semi-successful but eventually landed her back in diapers; after a particularly FUN day in which she peed her pants several times and ultimately PEED all over her bed. I simply told her, "Whitney, when you are ready to go in the toilet you tell Mommy. Until then you are wearing diapers." She was horrified. Crying. Wailing. And then acceptance. Yesterday she got to wear a pull-up because she was asking to go potty. She stayed dry all day. And today she is in panties and doing AWESOME! We have made several trips to the potty! Her treat for going in the potty is Strawberry Whoppers, her favorite. She calls them pink whoppers. She picked them out. She also has a sticker chart hanging in the bathroom that she gets to add a sticker to every time she goes! I am very proud of Whitney.
On the subject of Whitney drama . . . her latest phrase is, "It's not fair!" which she usually yells as she is running down the hall to go sulk on her bed. Then literally 2 minutes later she will emerge from her room with the saddest, most penitent, "I sorry Mama." "I so sorry Mama."--Drama. But so sweet. I adore Whitney White. Too cute.

6 comments:

Idaho White Family said...

That is too CUTE! Whit is so cute right now, I LOVE it! You have to love two year olds.
-Karissa

Brandi said...

What a big girl! How cute is she. What a sweet little personality in an adorable little body. They are so much fun. I wish that I knew her a little better.

Melyssa said...

So sweet! A lot of the things you said about Whitney reminded me of Avery. (Sadly, not the potty training - she has NO interest whatsoever) - I love two year olds, they are so busy learning about themselves, testing their boundaries, and showing unconditional love. I agree with you a majority of the time it should be titled "The Terrific Twos".

White Family said...

Oh, Whitney woo! She's getting so big and grown up. We sure miss you guys. Sounds like potty training is going really well now. I know who to come to for advice when that time comes for us, ugh, not looking forward to that.

Nick and Brent said...

Yea for Whitney!! I am happy to tell you she told me when she needed to go while we were watching them the other day, and we ran to the bathroom and it was a success! Can't wait until Payton can do that :)

Kimberly Clark said...

Your Little Whitney is so adorable. It was fun watching your kids today! 3-6-09, The kids had a blast playing all day together. Whitney even went in the potty for me once. I was so proud of her...Unfortunitly I didnt have a sticker for her but she told me she needed to go in the potty so I was proud of her.