Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Madison State Basketball

These pictures are all out of order! I don't know quite how to load them and rearrange them . . . So I will label them, and just know they are in random order! This past weekend we went to Boise with the Madison Boys Basketball team for the State Championship! The boys fought a mighty battle!! We had lost 2 of our tallest and best players to injuries during the season; so we were really quite out matched at State. The boys played Thursday night at 8:00 p.m. and won. Then we played Post Falls on Friday night and won, in over time. Then we played Saturday night against Lewiston and lost by about 6 points or so--but we played our hearts out! The boys really dung deep and got at it, but Lewiston just had a great team with all Seniors and lots of height! (Out matched) But Hey, 2nd place in 5A ball for the State of Idaho, is not too shabby!

We only brought Samantha with us. McKenzie decided that she really didn't want to spend 3 days at the Idaho Center watching multiple games of basketball and Whitney was simply not invited----I didn't want to spend 3 days at the Idaho Center watching multiple games of basketball with a 2 year old. (I can't think of anything I want to do less than that . . .) So Scott rode down with the team on Wed. and Sam and I drove over on Thursday! Sam and I did make it to the mall on Friday!! We shopped the whole day until both our feet hurt! (It was wonderful!) We had a lot of late nights and were in bed by about 1:00 a.m. every night ?(Even Sam)!! Scott stayed up even later helping Travis run stats on all the players and type it all up! He didn't get to bed until about 4:00 a.m. most nights! Crazy! Scott has loved coaching basketball this year and he is definitely on board for next year! We have enjoyed getting to know all the coaches and their families. They are a great group of people.


The coaches wives (minus coach Mathews wife--she was sick). Peggy, Andrea, and me. We took this the last night after we had lost the Championship Game.

All the coaches. Isaiah, Bill, Travis, Scott, and Rob! It takes a team to coach a team!

Scott and Rob. The main J.V. coaches!

Scott, the team, and the trophy.
Scott, me and Sam after we lost the game. I think we look tired. I know we feel it.
Scotty and Sammy.

The team holding up their 2nd place trophy and the crowd cheering them on!
Madison going to congratulate Lewiston.
Scott before the game started. Nervous. Excited.

Our Cheerleaders introducing the team.
Introducing the Seniors.
Sam in our hotel room, hugging her tiger.
Me and Sam---My State buddy. I was really glad to have her with me. Scott was so involved with the team and games . . . I would have spent a lot of time alone. I enjoyed the one on one time with her.
Sam and Scott's adjusting table.
Scotty. Coach.
Madison Fans. Decked in Red and White. Go Cats!
This was during our game on Friday night.

3 comments:

Brandi said...

First: THANKS so much for all your comments on my blog. You are so sweet, and I get excited everytime I see a comment from you! I know that is so cheesy, but I love hearing from you again.

Second: HOW FUN!!!! What a great time for the three of you. I was just telling Jas how we need to find time to go to some games. I think the enthusiasm at a game is contagious, and it can make you happy! I love that you and Sammi had such a great time together. She seems like the PERFECT BFF! She is definently a beauty.

THIRD: I was doing the same thing for Jason...growing my hair out! I hated it, and no matter how I tried to do it it always ended up in a pony-tail! What is the point of that!!! I love that no matter how I try I can not put my hair in a pony-tail right now!!! You should just do it...do it for you!

FOURTH: Why is it that men think they can do that whenever they want! Like you said we would have to move heaven and earth to have a weekend away. It is like pulling teeth to get a day away from my kids! I would never want to be a boy, but man would it be nice for a few days!

FIFTH: LOVE the cute new layout!

Natalie said...

This post was fun to read; it made me remember how much fun we had when our boys' team won state our junior year...that was a blast! You and Sam are so cute, and I think it's hilarious that Bill and Rob are still coaching (I thought they were old 10 years ago), and that Isaiah (sp?) is coaching now, too. Gotta love the generational occupations! :) I'm glad you got to have some mega-shopping time with your cute daughter. You're darling. Go Bobcats!

Hohmann Family said...

Did the JV Cheerleaders go too? Sariah is on that team. I have a very vague memory that she went to something big like this. Looks like a very fun but exhausting time! I have to admit that I'm a bit jealous of the fact that you get to go to these things on a regular basis. I drive by the high school baseball fields at night with their stadium lights on and get all nostalgic.