Thursday, February 19, 2009

Milkshakes . . . with or without wood!

So on Monday night after FHE we decided to make strawberry milkshakes! Our blender is rather wimpy and it was having a difficult time blending the hard ice-cream and frozen strawberries . . . so Scott took my wooden spoon and was "helping" the process along by pushing the ice-cream and such down to the blades. I cautioned, "Hey that's not a great idea, you know." to which he informed me, " I am being careful." Not two seconds after that statement, do we hear, "crunch!" and Scott removes my wooden spoon-- which is now missing a huge chunk of WOOD! I tell him, " We need to strain the wood out." He says, "Chris, by now it's in a million pieces." (Like that is even possible for our blender. The same blender that can't mix ice-cream and strawberries is now chopping wood. yeah right.) So he keeps right on blending and adding more milk and ice-cream . . . I keep complaining that we need to get the wood out . . . He keeps insisting that it will give me the added fiber I need in my diet. This would be true, if I was a beaver!!!!! So I finally tell him that I am NOT eating any of that milkshake. Then he feels a little bad. But He and Samantha eat the wooden milkshake, while I make Kenzie and Whitney a new wood free milkshake in the "Magic Bullet." While I was giving the little girls their milkshake, Scott made me one (which was really nice). The funny thing (possibly dangerous) was that Samantha kept finding wood chips and would spit them out and she wasn't bothered by it at all. Scott was also a partaker of the wooden milkshake, but his portion didn't have any wood chips in it . . . .either that or he just ate them all!

4 comments:

Brandi said...

I am guilty of doing that same stupid thing! Sometimes I wonder where my brain is. I think Scott is not telling the whole truth though about the wood!

I was going to call you and ask you if you talk to Macie to ask her if she still wants some vinyl. I sent some designs to her work email and I haven't head anything back from her. I just don't wnat her think I forgot about her. Then also, I was wondering if your parents have someone living in there apartment right now. My cousin is looking for a place and I just thought I would ask!

Have a great day Chris!!!

White Family said...

Ok, first thought as I was reading through this was DEJA VU! Man sometimes I think Scott and Kyle were supposed to be twins. This same thing happened to us except with a plastic spoon and Kyle reassuring me that it would not be able to chop it into a billion little plastic pieces while he was chopping it into a billion little plastic pieces. Needless to say, I was pregnant with Chase at the time and really needed a smoothie and he had used the last of our fruit and ice cream in his plastic smoothie so I sat next to him on the couch and begrudgingly picked out my plastic as I drank my smoothie. Lesson learned he doesn't help me make smoothies anymore, or tell me he can do it better. He has perfect faith that I can do it better now.

Becca said...

I am sorry but your hubby is a bit stubborn..lol. I would have just started over with everything. The thought of wood chips in my food..YUCK!! I am glad you didn't give in and eat it. The milkshakes sound tasty. Nick made me a chocolate milk shake on Sat night. Of coarse it was made with low fat everything. It was pretty tasty though! Yea, I would like a nice fatty milkshake. Yum! I guess I craving anything right now today. I don't know how much longer I can last on this low carb/ low cal every other day diet. Oh well, I will survive. I am hoping to come home next weekend. I have parent teacher confrences next week, so they gave us that friday off. Nick and I want to come up on Friday. I miss the girls and family so bad. Nick Misses Whitney the most. ha ha. Only because she loves him! Well, have a good weekend! I love you!

Nick and Brent said...

Sorry Scott, but i'm with Christina on this one! He does have a tendency on the stubborn side....I wonder where he got that from?