Monday, August 25, 2008

Good-byes are Sad.

Well on Aug. 22nd we said good-bye to our beloved kitten Oliver. He passed away some time during the night. We found him curled up on our deck, looking very much like he was just sleeping, but he had died. We are all very sad and miss him very much. He was a sweet and docile kitten; very good natured. We are not 100% sure of the cause of death, although we have a hunch . . . We had a funeral in our backyard and buried him next to out deceased fish (Otto). It was all very sad and we cried. But it has been good for us to talk about death with our little girls and help them deal with the finality of it. Also the fact that Oliver is gone from the earth, but that we will see him again in heaven.

Good-Byes are sad. We miss you, Oliver.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey that is to bad! Well I am sorry to bother you again. But I lost your e-mail addy and I want to send you an invite to my blog! bakerca1205@hotmail.com, please e-mail me. Thanks

Natalie said...

Oh, I'm so sorry! That is heartwrenching, but it sounds like he went peacefully. We had to tell the girls about death when their goldfish died (okay...I accidentally cooked them when I changed their water), and it was sad to see them realize they wouldn't have that fish anymore. I hope you all recover soon! :)

Nick and Brent said...

Oh, that is sad! It is hard to lose a pet when you're young. Did you know he was sick, or was it an accident? Give your girls our condolences. :)

Eckstein family said...

I'm sorry to here that oliver passed away her was a very cute kitten. how is the other kitten doing with out her brother around?

White Family said...

Oh, we were so sorry to hear that little Oliver passed. They are such sweet and adorbale little kittens and I know the girls had formed such an attachment to both of them. It's so sad that he passed so young too. We hope you all are doing better, and we wish much more fortunate health upon Felix (aka Sarafina). Lots of hugs and kisses and sympathy for your loss. We love you guys!

White Family said...

Oh by the way, and on a much dufferent note, I love your new background it's very chic! Good job!

Brandi said...

Oh I am so sorry...poor little thing. At least he went peacefully (I hope) and didn't get ran over or some horrible thing like that. Felix will get double the lovin' now. Hopefully he will feel any void the girls will have. SO SORRY!

White Family said...

So, Kyle was just reading the comments on here, and he pointed out that my grammar is lacking. I do know how to spell "adorable" and "different", but in my defense I usually have a 12 month old assistant helping me type these up! Sorry about the errors, I'll make sure to read through them next time!