Friday, September 25, 2009

Hello Little One

6:30 A.M. this morning, in bed. Scott is gone playing b-ball. Laying next to me is Whitney (of course) I am listening to her slight snore, breathing in her sweet Whitney smell. The baby is jabbing and swipping inside of me. I have been feeling the baby for a few weeks now, but only inside. I place my hand flat to my stomach, right below my belly button, poke. swipe. Hello little one. The first outward expression. Baby is really here. My personal miracle. Laying there-grateful-amazed-Sweet, little one, Mommy knows you are there.

A wonderful start to a good and typical day. I did get to go to the temple this morning, (due to a friend with the great idea to swap kids so that we could each go--Thanks Emily). I would be embarrassed to tell you the last time I went . . . I loved being there. Quiet. Peaceful. I was alone with me and my thoughts. How often does that happen? I got to re-connect with Christina, just a bit. She is still there. :)

I came home and couldn't face the dishes or the dog who needs a bath (because he threw-up this morning, because Whitney shared a chocolate granola bar with him last night). Earthly life. Mortality. Needs. Needing to be met. No worries. I eventually snapped to. I just plugged in the I-pod and went for broke on my chores. But so calm inside. I think it is because I got to spend some good, reflective, personal time in the temple this morning.

I really am trying to keep things in perspective.

2 comments:

White Family said...

Best part of any pregnancy in my opinion. I love those first soft flutters and swishes in my belly. It's one of the only things that seem to be between just me and that little miracle inside. Those first little moments of mommy and baby time. This kind of makes me baby hungry again...I need to start thinking about the cons during pregnancy.

Nick and Brent said...

I love those quiet moments with the baby...such a little miracle. I went to the temple the other morning by myself, and though I missed having Brent with me, it was nice to just sit and reflect and have some peaceful time to me. Hope you're doing well!