Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Dodger's Dignity and Manhood

Dodger is about 4 1/2 months old in this picture.
We got him fixed.

He came home wearing this ridiculous collar. He felt so embarrassed. I felt bad for him. He needed to wear it so that he wouldn't pull out his stitches. He did very well with his collar on, except he kept running into walls and would get it caught on the stairs while he was running up.
Getting him fixed has been such a great thing for him---he is much calmer now---less biting--less racing around. The girls love him better now. I really love him better now. He is also doing well at the house- breaking thing. He still doesn't really let us know when he needs to go out, but I try to pay attention to his efforts and I meet him more than half way . . . he knows what we are saying to him when we ask if he needs to go out and do business. He also knows what it means when I tell him, "kennel" he goes right to his crate and gets in. Good Boy.

3 comments:

Becca said...

Oh man..POOR thing! He looks so cute, and looks more and more like Abby! I am glad you are enjoying him more. I really want to see a picture of your baby bump. So please post some soon! I have to see that little person even though it's in your belly! I can't wait to meet the little one! I love it when you update your blog probably more then anyone because it makes me feel apart of your life more. So please update with pictures as much as possible, and I will try and do the same. My life is SO boring. Nick and I really don't have much to take pictures of..ha ha.No one really reads my blog anyway! I am so rambling. I am at parent teacher conferences right now with my lap top hiding in the corner bloggin instead of working on school stuff!! ha ha...Well love ya sis and miss your family so much. You need to come down and spend some girl time with me! We could go out and cause some trouble on the town..ha ha. Well as much as two sober married woman can do! kiss kiss...

Natalie said...

What a cute dog! You are brave to have animals; sometimes I wish I had the gumption to care for one more living thing, but then I think about all the "business" and feeding and messes and smells and I quickly change my mind. :) I hope you're doing well and that you're still not too sick.

Nick and Brent said...

Poor Dodger, he looks embarassed...and cute at the same time!