Wednesday, September 23, 2009

10 Year Anniversary. And that's alot.

O.k. So it is not Hawaii. We really wanted to go to Hawaii for our 10 year, but I was like 3 months pregnant and sooo did not want to experience Hawaii while slightly fat and in the yucky stage of pregnancy. We decided to camp in Jackson and hike Jenny's Lake, instead. Still a trip, but close to home and no bathing suit required. This is us at inspiration point. After you hike around Jenny's Lake, you can hike up another mile to this point. I didn't want to make the climb up there. I wish I could tell you it was soo worth it and that I am glad that I did it. BUT I am NOT, the view was lame. I did it for Scott, who really wanted us to, I love you babe.
Hidden Falls. At the end of Hiking around Jenny's Lake. I LOVED our hike around the lake, it was so beautiful and no bugs!! I love to hike and I hardly ever get the chance. IT was a prefect way to spent the day, in nature, talking and remembering with Scotty as we hiked along. With 10 years of marriage, there are a lot of memories--some good, some bad, some difficult, some wonderful, some exciting. All of them adding up to who we are today. Scott is my best friend and knows me better than anyone in this world. I always feel like he is my other half. We have always been able to talk for hours about everything and nothing, just laughing and talking. Scott can always make me laugh. I get him.

OUR tent. That we pitched in the dark. After going to the BAR-J that night. We also love to camp and never get to. This was our first time camping together, just the 2 of us. It was exciting. An adventure. More GREAT memories.
We got to go to the BAR-J. We got there like 10 min before they were starting and I know that the seats are first come first serve, so I was expecting to sit on the back row. I was fine with that. I have been several times and knew it would still be great ever if I couldn't see that well. But we got a great surprise when they put us on the front row on the left side. Since we we were only a party of 2 we filled in the table nicely. Best seats we ever had.
Us at the BAR-J. This cute little couple asked us to take their picture, so we got them to take ours. They asked us if we were on our honeymoon!! We had to laugh. We told them it was our anniversary. They asked which one and nearly died when we told them it was our 10th. (They were on their honeymoon). Scott and I laughed about it all night.
I love you, Scott. I am looking forward to 10 more years together. The ups, the downs, the joy, the pain, the passion, the friendship. The Love. Thanks for being the man in my life.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Congratulations! I can't believe it's been 10 years already. You two are an amazing couple and have accomplished many great things. I'm glad you got to go on a fun trip!

Nick and Brent said...

I've concluded it doesn't matter where you go on your anniversary, as long as you have fun and are together. And your husband doesn't have to work at a baseball game until 11:30 that night. :( Oh well. And I think it shouldn't be a special number to go to Hawaii...11 or 12 years works too, right? :) Looks like you guys had a great time together. We're happy for you and Scott, you can tell you guys are best friends. Good luck on many more years!