Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Scott's 30th birthday!!





For Scott's 30th Birthday, which was April 25th, He surprised me with a trip to SLC! I thought that we were just spending the day together, but he had gotten the girls' babysitters and packed my bags and everything! We first went out to lunch, that part I knew about, and then we were going to go to IF to catch a movie and shop (or so I thought). We drove past IF and I asked where he was headed and he totally shocked me by saying that he got us tickets to the Ballet and that we were headed to SLC for the weekend! I didn't believe him at first, because I didn't have any of my stuff with us. But then he told me that he took care of everything. I was very impressed with his "packing" abilities and his attention to detail! He brought me several well thought out out-fits complete with jewelry and shoes! We loved the ballet! I was so moved by their beauty and grace that I nearly cried! We had a blast!

3 comments:

White Family said...

Wow! That's so creative and for HIS birthday nonetheless! I'm definitely telling Kyle all about this. I'm always saying how I wish he'd be more spontaneous and surprise me with weekend getaways and the sort. He just doesn't have many tricks up his sleeve! Sounds like it was a lovely weekend, I'm super jealous!

Natalie said...

I'm so impressed...what a romantic weekend (even complete with shoes and jewelry...wow!). I can't believe Scott is such an old man! :) Just kidding. You both look amazing and I'm glad you got to have some fun alone time for the big 3-0. Happy bleated birthday, Scott!

Nick and Brent said...

Wow, that is brave! I don't know if Brent would have any idea what to pack for me...it would probably stress him out too much! But the ballet doesn't sound like a present for Scott, unless he's got a side to him we don't know about...Looks like fun!