Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Our Graduate




Last week Sam graduated from Kindergarten! I cried like a baby. I couldn't believe that my little girl was big enough to graduate from Kindergarten. Sam has had a very positive experience having Mrs. McCoy as a teacher. Before Sam started K all she would write were capital letters, in fact she didn't believe me when I told her that lower case letters were really letters too. But when Mrs. McCoy taught her that it was the Kindergarten way to write---she was sold! Thanks Mrs. McCoy. The highlight of being in K, for Sam, was riding the bus! To which she commented, "I've waited my whole life to ride on the bus!" (dreamily, with stars in her eyes . . .)

3 comments:

Brandi said...

I just can't imagine having a graduate right now! It is just crazy. My friend Jes's little boy graduated today as well. They introduced them at the graduating class off 2020. Isn't that just crazy!!! I am glad that she had such a great teacher and had such a fun year!

Nick and Brent said...

Congrats Sammy!!! We are proud of you!!

Melyssa said...

Congratulations Sam! :) I can't believe she is already in first grade! (And I don't think you were the only mom to bawl). I get all teary eyed when I think about Paige boarding the bus on her first day of school this fall. :)