Friday, July 1, 2011

June 10,2011-- Teton Dam Marathon

Scott- driving us into the race at 6:00 AM--- and YES it is RAINING!

Me! all chipper and ready to go!


Byron-- already tired and we haven't even started yet!



My Awesome Friend- Bonnie! She is super fast and ran almost a steady 8 min mile.



Byron running his 4 mile leg.



Go Byron!



Me running my 4 mile leg. I am NOT scratching my backside... I had just gotten a drink at the aid station and water was all over my hand.... I am trying to dry it off and still run.




Me at the aid station- trying to drink and run at the same time-- kinda tricky!



Go Chrissy! :) and yes, I am the dork who runs with a ski headband on in the summer and OVER the ear headphones! I have sensitive ears. They get painfully cold! and I can't get those earbuds to stay in. I know. I have issues. :)



Go Scotty! He got the GRUNT leg, 5 miles up Summer's hill.



I must say I was dang impressed with Scott. He has mad running skills! So proud of him for how effortless he ran the hill. I seriously would have past out. Love you.



Ha! Ha! I wanted this picture to look like he was leaving the port-a-potty. He's not. Just running past it!



Scotty and Chrissy-- after we had both run our legs!



Team - The Incredibles!
Bonnie, Me, Scott, Natalie, Byron, Nicole


Flex it. So tough.




Scott and I ran on a Rely team for the Teton Dam Marathon this summer. Our team members were: Scott's Dad-Byron, his sister-Nicole, their cousin- Natalie, and my friend-Bonnie. We had so much fun running together. We all ran either 4 or 5 mile legs, so not too bad. Mine was completely flat and I only had to do 4 miles, I thought I wasn't going to make it, but I had my team there cheering me on! At one point I got a really bad stitch in my side . . . and Byron hopped out of the truck and ran next to me and helped me get my pace and talked me through it. Such a great coach! and a gesture that meant alot to me. Thanks Byron. I ran about a 10 min mile, which was a personal best for me! I loved having some extra motivation to run by training for this race. Scott and I were able to get up and run together in the mornings, I loved having him there by my side--- pushing me to go faster and run farther--- I am kind of easy on myself and if I am not "feelin' it" I just walk. Ha! Thanks Scott for helping me be better. I am proud of all of us and I hope that we do it again next year. :)

2 comments:

Hohmann Family said...

You WOULD be all chipper for something like that early in the morning. If I ever do one of these, I don't imagine myself going into it quite like that.

Nick and Brent said...

I was glad to see the pictures of the beginning of the race...I kind of feel like I missed out a little, while trying to sort out the stupid shirt situation. So proud of our team!