Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Gimme a B, Gimme an I, Gimme a G . . .





What's that spell? It spells Christina at 8 months pregnant, that's what it spells. I feel great, honestly I should not complain at all. I am just getting big and uncomfortable. I miss my regular body. I miss being able to tie my shoes and get in and out of the car easily. I realized that normally, my body is a great place to be!! I took for granted the comfort, strength, balance, and ease of movement, my body usually accommodates me with. And with the end in sight, I can't help feeling a little antsy, it makes me less patient with my current discomforts. One evening I was complaining an awful lot (I think it is my liver or some other organ? that gets displaced and smashed under my right ribs---this causes a terrible sore spot---which I rub and try to stretch out . . . constantly.) about my sore spot, so much to the point where I had Whitney trying to rub my sore spot for me and Kenzie running to get me an ice-pack (so sweet and concerned little girls). Then Whitney turns to Scott and says, "Daddy, will you take Mommy to the Hospital so that the Doctor will take her baby out!" I had to laugh and smile. It was said with so much concern for my discomfort and so much love. I also realized that I should stop whining. Scott also asked me, "So what Chris, You just figure this is your last pregnancy, so you need to get all your complaining in?" He was teasing and we laughed. (Honestly, to write out that comment it sounds like Scott was being mean. He was just teasing me and trying to get me to laugh.) It was funny. I am normally not a whinny pregnant woman. And this has been my easiest pregnancy by FAR! I am so excited to meet my little boy!!! I fall asleep every night picturing giving birth. I am not even nervous or scared! I know what I am up against and I know that I can handle it! I plan to do it all naturally!! That was how I delivered Whitney and I loved the experience. Afterwards, I was like, "I am WOMAN hear me ROAR!" I felt powerful. Like I could do anything!! I gave BIRTH. Bring it on! :) But I am honestly open minded and if I need assistance or if there are complications, I am all for the epidural. That was how I delivered Sam and it was Labor heaven--couldn't feel a thing. But to deliver Naturally is my goal. Our little guy continues to be very active and gets the hiccups often. I am measuring right on, so around Valentine's Day we should be seeing our "Brother Boy!"
P.S. Kenzie took my pictures. I made her take like 20, but we finally got a few that turned out all right. She is only 6. She was nice to accommodate me. Love you Kenz.

9 comments:

Amy Baker said...

Look so so cute!! Man if I looked that good while I was pregnant it would be great!!

Becca said...

AH..you look so good! That's funny Kenzie took the pictures..ha ha! She is so funny. That's cute what Whitney said about my tongue. Ah..that girl cracks me up. Yes, we are aggressive about looking for a house. We have been meeting with a realtor, and he has shown us some great houses. There is one I LOVE, but it's a game almost to get it..I will have to explain. Anyway, we are pre-qualified and everything is in order...so we think..ha ha! We just have to find some thing a put an offer in and who knows from there what will happen. We are looking at two other houses tonight. We are sooo excited but scared at the same time. We want our payment to be around $800 but then we will have all our insurances and taxes on top of that..blah! I know it will all be worth it in the end. I will keep you updated for sure. We are so excited to meet the little one!...any set name???? Wish we could come visit one more time before the baby comes!! Love you lots!

White Family said...

Chris, you look amazing. Obviously you don’t remember ME pregnant at all, otherwise your cheer would go more like gimme a s-m-a-l-l! You are teenie and gorgeous! You’ve still got the glow. Pregnancy wears very well on you and it’s sad to think this may be the last time I see pregnant Christina. Seriously, I’ve always thought you were the cutest little pregnant thing EVER. Sorry to hear that you’re getting so uncomfortable, not fun at all. I can’t believe you will be done in a few short weeks, and we’ll be able to see this handsome little White. Do you guys have any names?
P.S. Awesome job on the pics Kenz!

Jared and Karissa said...

No it's more like--- give me "G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S!!! You look gorgeous! Good luck with the delievery and I wish you a speedy recovery! Can't wait to see pics of the little guy!

Ronda said...

You are amazing. I hope I feel as good as you at the end... probly not! You are so cute, as always. I do know the feeling of being ready to be back to normal.. if that ever really happens. Atleast the new after kids normal:) Good luck with everything!

Adrienne and Darren said...

You look amazing and it is even better that you feel good. Good Luck with everything!!!

Melyssa said...

You look great! I am getting excited to see what your little guy looks like! Love you! :)

Natalie said...

The funny thing is that even though I'm sure you feel like you're enormous, you look so tiny still! Don't you love hearing that? :) I'm so glad you're feeling well and hope that everything goes well from here on out. You are amazing!

Nick and Brent said...

You really are cute pregnant. I completely disagreed with that statement whenever I heard it from people, but I absolutely think you are cute. Can't wait until the little guy makes his appearance!