Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Udate from Valentines Day

I know this is like months behind, but I always meant to post about our special Valentines day surprise from Samantha. She spend weeks planning a breakfast for Scott and I. The night before Valentines she kept sighing and I asked her what was wrong and she said, " I'm just stressed out, I just have so much to do. " I had to silently laugh---those are words I know she has heard me say-- I offered to help her, but she insisted that it was a surprise and that she was going to do it all on her own. She even told Scott at one point, "Dad, you don't have to worry about Valentines Day, I have got it all planned." So at 6:00 a.m. she comes into our room and has set up a "scavenger hunt" for me. She leads me on it and I read all her clues and they lead me to my present. Hand-made earrings, BY: Samantha. She had even gotten real earring hooks from her school teacher. Sam had crafted the rest of the jewelry from an old, but colorful coupon to Maurices.

I wore them to whole day, of course. Scott and I had even gone shopping to I.F. that day & I got quite a lot of attention from people in the stores. The earrings are fairly large, but very light. I got a lot of smiles and knowing looks from other Mom's, who have donned kid-made jewelry!! I felt very special. Thanks Sam. You are the sweetest.

Then at 6:45 a.m. Scott and I found ourselves sitting downstairs in the T.V. room for breakfast and a show! Sam put on "Wall-E" for us to watch while she made us breakfast! We even had a menu of options to choose from. Drinks: milk, water, strawberry milk, chocolate milk, and pop; then we could choose from: fruit loops, raisin bran, or rice crispies; then there was even dessert offered: candy, suckers, (one I can't read or remember what she said it was) and then a "Special Mystery"---which ended up being warm bread with honey on it!

We ordered, and she made all the food by herself and carried down the stairs to us. Which made me a little nervous (My carpet) but she did fine. We ate breakfast together EARLY that Valentines morning and we truly felt LOVE.

6 comments:

The Schwab Family! said...

This is one of the sweetest things I have ever hear! (or read actually) :)

The Schwab Family! said...

P.S. I love your family picture!

Melyssa said...

That is SOOOO cute! I loved the earrings. What a thoughtful girl. :)

Natalie said...

That's the cutest thing I've ever heard! Kid-made jewelry is my fave...Karli made me a neclace in Nursery for Mother's Day and it's the greatest. What a sweet little gal Samantha is!

Nick and Brent said...

That story is so neat, what a sweetheart! Tell Sam she can come do breakfast for us anytime!

White Family said...

I think that may be the sweetest story I've ever heard. I can't believe she thought of all that! Even the smallest details! That is so creative and thoughtful it just brought tears to my eyes partially out of how extremely sweet that is and a little bit out of jealousy because I don't think boys are born with that type of creativity much less any child! Sam should hold some educational classes on being sweet and creative the next time we come up there. I will straightaway register Kyle and Chase for them!