Thursday, May 21, 2009

Easter and Kites








This is also a little out dated, but I still wanted to post about it . . . We do not "DO" the Easter bunny at our house. Ever since I was a little kid, I found the concept of a giant-mutated bunny, (who lays eggs, or steals them from lots of chickens . . .) quite creepy. So instead we just get the kids a little something and we paint eggs and just sort of skim over the whole Easter bunny thing . . . Anyway, this year they got kites! Scott picked them out, so there are not princesses :( We had an eagle, that flapped its wings; a whinny the pooh; and a buzzlight year that also doubled as a sort of balloon--that you blow-up. The kids had a great time flying their kites in the field, and of course here . . . there is NEVER a shortage of WIND!!! Kites are great.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

You are so right about the wind...it's incessant in Rexburg! I also think the Easter Bunny is creepy. Your gals are so darling!

White Family said...

I agree about the bunny. My parents never nurtured the whole Easter Bunny idea when we were younger like we do Santa Claus. I don't think I ever didn't know that my parents were the ones that got us our Easter baskets, althought they did like to put them in by our beds during the night and hear our expressions and see our faces when we found our surprises. We actually did Chase's Easter basket the night before Easter that way we could focus on the savior on Sunday and the true meaning of Easter without him yelling, "EGGS" or "CANNY" (candy). Kites are so fun! We definitely lack the wind here though. Seeing this makes me want to take a trip up to San Diego and fly kites on the beach.