Saturday, May 30, 2009

Memorial Day at the Cabin

Whitney ready to Ride.

Dan, Pa, and Nana-- Hanging out at the Cabin


Pa and Nana.


Macie playing checkers with Sammy.

Scott and Kenzie after a way MUDDY ride on "THE HULK"


It was cold.


They got splashed with mud!

McKenzie Loved It!!

While shopping in West, Scott found a finger-puppet-glove.


He thought it was so funny/awesome that the middle puppet was "The Bird"--look how proud he is of his discovery! He even dragged me back to the store for a picture. Boys.


Sam and I wearing hats while shopping in West.


Me- modeling for Scott.


Me working it! The Mom version of "Working it" anyway.


Go Cowgirl!


Sam, Kenz, and Whit wanting to feed the fish!

Me and Whit ready to ride. This is our new 4-wheeler! We named it "THE HULK" because it is big and mean and GREEN. We have enjoyed having a 4-wheeler of our own. Scott even bought me my own helmet and goggles! My helmet is super cute--it is black and pink and white--Scott said he wanted to get me a cute helmet so that I would wear it (helmets and my hair do not mix). He was right. I think it is so cute I totally love wearing it. Thanks Scotty!

Me and the girls trying to feed the fish. NO luck. When I was a kid there were TONS of fish below this bridge and it was so fun to feed them, but now there are usually only a few and they are fat and not interested in pancakes, animal crackers, or bread. But it was a beautiful day.


Dad. Pa.


Mom. Nana. Who drove the 4-wheeler for maybe the second time in her whole life. We were all very impressed. Especially since we went on like a 20 mile ride that day! Way to go Nana!!


The Girls. Ready to go! Helmets and all! I thought they looked so cute in their gear!

Smile.


This Memorial Day weekend we went to my Grandparent's cabin in Island Park! My mom, Dad, Me, & the girls headed up on Friday evening and then Scott joined us Sat. and Macie and Dan joined us Sun. We had a great time riding 4-wheelers, cooking tin foil dinners, shopping in West, watching movies, and playing games! I always love going to the cabin. It smells like my childhood. It is beautiful there. Peaceful. Scott and I took a 4-wheeler ride down to the river and sat and watched the sun going down and the fish jumping and ducks swimming. It was so quiet. I wanted to stay there forever in the stillness. God exists.

6 comments:

The Schwab Family! said...

This looks so fun, my kind of "camping"!!

Brandi said...

I love that more then almost anything in the world! Just the peaceful feeling that comes with the outdoors, the smell of the air, and of course the wind in your hair when you are on a ride! Looks like such a great weekend! It's to bad that Becca couldn't be there to complete the Robison Clan...

Kimberly Clark said...

Oh, My gosh, I havent checked blogs forever. I had no idea you got a dog. He is so cute and that is the first dog I remembered was your Abby Dog growing up and she was the best dog. I bet Dogger will be just as great. I loved your Valentines story. SO cute. I loved the flying kites. And the cabin looked like a blast. I am so sorry I havent been more together over here. I am glad all is well. And that your carpet says stain free. HE HE! Miss you. Love Always, Kimberly

Ronda said...

SO jealous of the cabin. I love that. Good family time and no tents!! It sounds like you had fun. I love your new family member. So so cute. My kids would love to have an inside puppy. or really any animal to dress up and play with.
I love the pictures of Kenz and Whitney. So sweet.

Natalie said...

Very fun! I love your new 4-wheeler and yes, your helmet is very cute. :) Your girls are so darn adorable. I"m glad you got to have a wonderful time and I love that I'm listening to Cyndi Lauper on your playlist right now. He he. Yay for the '80s!

White Family said...

Cute pictures! Looks like you guys had a ton of fun. I can't believe how grown up the girls look. They are too cute. We can't wait to see you guys again, hopefully sometime this year. By the way, cowgirl looks good on you, Chris. Even if it is the mom version!