Friday, January 30, 2009

Kickin' it with Strep Throat!

Well this week went by really fast because I spent half the week sick in bed with Strep Throat! I came down with it Monday morning--chills, body aches, fever, sore throat, swollen glands, general all-over ickyness . . .you get the "lovely" picture . . . well after 2 days sick in bed, by Wednesday morning I was getting worse (not better) I thought to myself, "You are not winning this battle. Time to see the Dr." So I did. Found out I had Strep Throat. Got a Shot in the bum. And by that evening I was feeling better. Thursday Even Better. And Today Quite Well indeed.
I am so thankful for loving family who helped me so much while I was sick! Tuesday I was so sick! And school happend to get canceled due to cold weather. My first thought was, "Oh good Samantha will be home to help me with the little girls." She is so good to get them food, or put on a movie, or read to them, or play with them . . . I was very glad that I would have her . . . but then the phone rang (7:45 a.m.) and it was my Dad calling to see if we knew school was cancelled. When I answered and sounded so bad, my Dad said, " Is this the White's?" He didn't even recognize me. Well when Mom and Dad heard that I was sick--they insisted on coming over to get the girls!! Dad came and helped me get them ready and then he and Mom took care of them ALL day--breakfast, lunch, and Mom sent dinner home with them for all of us! Thanks Mom and Dad for all the TLC!! Then on Wednesday (on my way back from the Dr.) I phoned Diann to tell her that I was sick with Strep, but that I would still come teach TaVaCi (probably not the wisest idea to expose all the kids to Strep, but I didn't know what else to do?) well Diann would not let me teach. She was so kind and told me she would take care of my classes and that they would just work on the words of songs and review what they already knew. She also arranged for another TaVaCi Mom to pick up Sam and Kenzie and bring them home again, so I wouldn't have to leave my house. That was great because I was able to sleep that afternoon. I am so grateful for wonderful parents and a wonderful mother-in-law. It was terrible to be so sick, but it would have been SO much worse without family there to help me.

5 comments:

Kimberly Clark said...

I am so sorry you were so sick. we found out from grandma...Go figure...and I called Diann to make sure TaVaCi was still on and she said you were staying hime getting better. And when steph picked up my kids, Diann asked her if she could bring your girls home. so I am glad it all worked out and that you will be better. I heard your dad helped out and I thought that was really sweet of him. I dont know what we would do without parents. They always seem to be there when you need them. Im glad you are better. Sorry for the Novel, just visiting! Sorry I never called you either, just to ask you how you were doing. I hated to disterb you if you were asleep or something. I always seem to call at the worst times.

Robyn said...

That is awful! What a blessing to live so close to you family! Glad youre doing so much better!

Melyssa said...

I am glad you are feeling better. Strep is the worst! :)

Natalie said...

I'm so sorry you were sick and that you had to get a shot in the rear (I didn't know that was done anymore!) but I'm thrilled that it made you feel better. It is awful to be a sick mother and I'm also glad that your wonderful family was so able and willing to help you. Keep getting well and don't freeze to death!

White Family said...

Ok, I'm just goig to blame this on pregnancy hormones but I started bawling when I read this post! I'm so jealous that you guys live so close to both of your parents. I'm glad yo finally got over your strep too, that is miserable and seriously just debilitates (sp?) you. Oh by the way I LOVE LOVE LOVE your mod podge chore chart and I need to ask your permission to copy your idea. That looks amazing! Such a creative and stylish idea to make the chore chart an adorable home decor! I love it!