Wednesday, October 29, 2008

It's a Star Wars Halloween!

Samantha as Darth Vader---Completely her idea!
McKenzie as Princess Leah --a beautiful princess!
Whitney as Yoda-I fought a mighty battle to get her in that costume, she is so mad at me in these pictures, and as soon as I finished taking her picture she began ripping it off!!
May the force be with you!
This was the night of the Hibbard Elm. School Halloween Carnival! Scott had a Football game that night, so I took all the girls myself (I must not like myself very much). But it actually was not that bad, the girls were well behaved. I did get a few cracks about being "Hans Solo"--because I was there "solo" without Scott (Ha Ha Ha--people are so dang funny)! Anyway we went and ate dinner at the school and then went around to the different classrooms and played games and won prizes. Whitney refused to wear her costume. So she was not dressed-up at the carnival. I won the battle, but I did not win the war. Oh well, you win some, you lose some.

6 comments:

Natalie said...

I love those costumes! In fact, I love them so much that Rex has the same Yoda costume as Whitney. Your girls all look so cute and I hope you and Whit can find some common ground in the dressing-up department. :) Here's a random tangent: my niece and nephew are being a lion and a scarecrow, so my sis-in-law and I thought it would be perfect to have Rex be the tin man, Karli be Glenda, and Amber be Dorothy. Whenever anyone asked her what she wanted to be for Halloween, she'd say, "Well...my mom really wants me to be Dorothy, but I want to be Ariel." It made me feel like such a stage mom that I immediately gave up on the Wizard of Oz theme. Kids and their opinions are so amazing sometimes!

White Family said...

Those costumes are awesome! I love how they chose a theme, that's just too cute! That picture of Whitney had me practically rolling on the ground laughing, priceless! Sad little Yoda. Which by the way, Chase almost went as Yoda! I thought it was the cutest little costume but I could only find it online and we didn't want to pay for shipping, but it's so adorable!

Melyssa said...

They are all so cute in their costumes. Those pictures of Whitney are adorable!

Nick and Brent said...

My mom told me about these costumes, and I couldn't wait to see pictures, especially of Yoda. Too cute!

Becca said...

I am sorry but I can't stop laughing at Whit. I had to look again today just so I can laugh. I love it!

Hohmann Family said...

Poor child. You may have scarred her for life. :) Awesome theme. We have yet to venture into that realm. If you EVER have a yard sale with that yoda costume - tell me!!! I want one and Patrick will fit into it in a year or two.