Thursday, October 9, 2008

There's Nobody like Aunt Karissa



I love these pictures of Kenz, Karissa, and Sam! They were taken after Karissa's dance recital. Sam, Kenz, and Whit all adore their Aunt Karissa! They all look up to her and have watched her grow and mature into a wonderful Young Woman. Aunt Karissa has long been their favorite person (sometimes even preferred over Mom). Karissa has always taken the time to play with them, love them, teach them things, talk to them, read to them, be their friend, and she has even changed a diaper or two . . . (bless her heart). WE appreciate the good example she sets for our girls (especially since she and Sam are only 5 years apart). Sam is watching Karissa and notices the choices she makes, and is looking forward to when she can do some of the things she has watched Karissa do---such as: get baptised, get her ears pierced, go to middle school, be in Young Women's, wear make-up . . . just to name a few. Thanks to a wonderful Aunt! We love you Aunt Karissa!

7 comments:

Brandi said...

It is always so nice to have someone good that you kids can look up to. I can't hardly believ htat she is that old. It just doesn't seem long enough since Diane had her and Cameron.

Natalie said...

That is so adorable...and crazy! I remember when Karissa was born. She is a darling young lady and it sure is nice to have good examples for our little girls to follow, huh?

White Family said...

Those are adorable pictures! What gorgeous girls! I think that's so sweet that even as the girls grow up they look up to Karissa so much still and I think it's wonderful that Karissa still plays with them and loves spending time with them even though she's grown so much and matured. She is a wonderful aunt. I love seeing her and Cameron play with Chase and their other neices and nephews when we come to visit. We are really blessed to have a young set of an aunt and an uncle for our young children right now. I think I would've loved that as a kid!

White Family said...

Ok, I'm pretty sure I had a couple run on sentences there. Don't judge me English major! I REALLY need to read over these comments BEFORE I post. I always say that and then never do.

Leslie said...

Hi Scott and Christina! Funny how this blog world works. Somehow I stumbled on yours...what cute girls you have. I can see so much of both of you in them. Cute family! Leslie (Clements)

Nick and Brent said...

What sweet pictures! Karissa is great with the girls, and I think it's awesome they have such a good friendship. We really appreciate Cam and Karissa taking good care of all their nieces and nephews...they're wonderful!

Idaho White Family said...

You'll never know how you made Karissa's day with this blog. The feeling is mutual with the girls, she adores them as well as all the other neices and nephews!
Diann