Wednesday, December 17, 2008

TaVaCi Concert-- "Snow Biz"--

Kenzie(girl on the right)wearing her "Jazzy sunglasses" singing Santa Claus is coming to Town"
Sammy sporting hers as well!
Kenzie---Love this picture!
Karissa, in her specialty number singing "NO-L, NO-L"
Cameron, telling jokes! So Funny!
Diann, Karissa, Me, Sam, Kenz, and Whit---the women of TaVaCi . . .
Festive-in Red and Green --the High Heels were a terrible idea, they are only 1/2 hour shoes, after that I seriously start questioning why I am still walking?
Me, Sam and Kenz before the Concert!
Sisters!--Big Hair, Big Make-up--Did I grow-up in the 80's or what?
Love Ya Sis!

For those of you who don't know. . . TaVaCi is a children's performing arts group. We do singing and choreography along with a little drama and speaking parts. I teach the little kids classes ages 3-7 and Diann teaches the older kids up to age 13. For those of you who know me, I know you are thinking, Christina teaching singing? But yes, I can carry a tune (if the bucket is big enough) but what I lack in serious music ability I make up for in enthusiasm, dancing ability, and of course DRAMA. Plus small children love you no matter how well you can (or can't) sing. I enjoy TaVaCi as a fun creative outlet. I honestly love to sing. This is a great way for me to do so and give all the credit and stage time to the darling children who deserve it! This year our concert was at the Madison High School Auditorium (can we say it seriously needs a face lift, when did it get so trashed? I guess, it has been 10 years since I was in there, but still . . . .) We really liked having it there. All the parents could see better and we didn't have to do many decorations, so that was nice! This was our best concert (my personal opinion). I felt that my kids were especially well prepared and that they sang with lots of personality and spunk! I heard lots of parents laughing when we were being funny, and lots of "Oh's and Ah's" and vigorous clapping! I was really proud of the kids! They did a fantastic job! I had fun seeing them up on stage! All in all a very rewarding experience.

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Hooray! I'm so glad your concert went well. Your girls are the cutest! I can't believe how much Sam looks like Scott and Kenz looks like you...I'm curious to see whose mini-me Whitney turns out to be. :) Don't you just love watching your students perform? I do! I also love your cute family pictures. The one of the girls with Whit lying down is so adorable.

Nick and Brent said...

It's a good thing you post pictures of the Tavaci concert, because we'd like to see them! (Hint hint Karissa and Mom). Anyway, I'm so happy to hear how well the concert went, what a relief as always. You guys look so cute. BTW, if I had girls, they'd have big hair and make-up too, you just have to have fun with it!

Kimberly Clark said...

Your pictures are so cute. I just love Tavaci, Thanks again for watching my kids tonight. I really appreciate it. Your the best!