Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving

So we had a great Thanksgiving. My Mom had us all over to her house this year-including my Grandpa Butler (from Denver) and my Grandpa and Grandma Robison, also this year Becca brought home her soon-to-be fiance' Nic (of SLC). We loved having Becca and Nic here for Thanksgiving! We are still getting to know Nic, and we really like him a lot! And we really like Becca with him--she is so happy and so nice---Nic brings out some very good qualities in Becca. Nic was very sweet to all of our little girls (who, I think, all have a bit of a crush on him--they were acting very giddy, silly, shy, and giggly around him). Whitney, is the most crazy about him! Always climbing in his lap and demanding to be held---to which Nic was very accommodating . . . I am so excited for Becca to have Nic in her life. They make a great couple.

Thanksgiving . . . a time to slow down and be grateful for all that we have. And no, I haven't taken the tiniest bit of time to do that this year. I am grateful for so much in my life--my crazy, busy life--- nonetheless, I do have plenty to be grateful for. And I really don't take enough time to think about it all . . . so now is as good a time as any.

1. Scott, of course, he is the first on my list. :) Words do little to describe my feelings about Scott. He truly is my best friend. A team player. Wonderful provider. He makes me laugh. Hugs me when I cry. Still holds my hand when we're walking somewhere. Tells me I am beautiful, even when I can't see it. Loves me. I can see it in his eyes when he is looking at me. This journey through life and raising kids is better with him by my side.

2. Samantha, McKenzie, and Whitney---my little women. Teaching me how to be a Mother. Little reflections of me--some good, some bad-- They are innocent, tender, forgiving, teachable, full of love, full of joy, full of excitement. My greatest life's work. I am grateful everyday for the gift of them in my life.

3. The gospel of Jesus Christ. Shaping me, helping me, guiding me, keeping me safe, bringing me peace and direction in my life.

4. A home of my own. I love having a house that is just our family's. A place to learn and love and grow together.

5. Living in here in this great community. So close to family --I love having my parents just next door, and Scott's parents are just down the road.

Gratitude keeps us happy. I actually feel calmer and more peaceful having taken the time to think about the great and wonderful things in my life. Hope you all had a "Happy Thanksgiving."

4 comments:

Natalie said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you, too. Isn't it great to take a minute and count blessings? I find that it's one of my few moments of sanctuary with little ones running around. Yay for Becca and Nic! I'm so thrilled that she found a great man. I love your family pictures and your new blog layout!

Nana Jan said...

I loved reading what you wrote. As I read your comments, I realized that I was thankful for all the same things--only from the perspective of a your mother, Scott's mother-in-law, and the "Nana" of those beautiful little girls. Your family brings me so much pure joy!
Love you!

Becca said...

Thanksgiving was so wonderful! I enjoyed my time so much. It's so cool how Nick just "fit in" to the family. I feel like he has always been there. I am pretty lucky. He really loved the family. I am sad we didn't take more pictures. I am shocked Dad wasn't wiping out the camera. Oh well!. The way Nick asked me so perfect and special. My heart is bursting because I am so thankful. Thank you for being a gracious host. He did say that I have a pretty warm family and felt very welcome. I would have to agree!! Love you!

White Family said...

What about us?! Just kidding, I KNOW you're super thankful for us! It sounds like it was a warm and wonderful Thanksgiving and I can only imagine with you hosting how good the food must have been.