Sunday, July 27, 2008

Mountain Men

Hey everyone, this is Scott and this is my first post. All of the following footage was taken July 1st, 2008, during our White family reunion. My Dad, Uncle Jimmie, Kyle, and myself went hiking to Beard's Mountain, just east of Tetonia in the Teton Basin. Out hike was about 6 miles long, with an elevation change of almost 2500 feet. The weather was warm and the mosquitoes were in full force(even in the middle of the snow fields). The view up on top was spectacular, with the Grand Teton right in front of us. You could also see Targhee ski resort, the St. Anthony sand dunes, Sawtell peak(the mountain with the big golf ball on top), and into Yellowstone National Park and Old Faithful. . . just kidding on the last one. It was great to be in nature and see our Heavenly Father's amazing creations. I realized that I am not as young and spry as I used to be. I also realized that my wife really does love me because she gave me a hug when we got home, because I smelled like a combination of mosquito dope, trail mix, a hint of old spice deodorant, and dry crusty mountain sweat. Here are a few pictures and a sweet movie of Kyle and I going down the snow fields.


My Dad, myself, and Kyle with the Grand Teton in the background.



Scott taking a break and surprisingly not sucking on my camelpack(water).



Dad munching on an apple.



Kyle with a snowball in his hand. He later "tossed" it at an unsuspecting Dad, knocking the camera out of his hands, knocking the glasses off his head, and splattering snow over us.



Uncle Jimmie taking a break.



This is a movie with Kyle "skiing" down a snow field. He decided to keep on going so I tried chasing him. Kyle ended up going off a blind jump, doing a trick, then doing a tuck and roll, and popping up with only a couple of mud stains. I don't know how I managed to stay upright and not drop my parent's camera. My lack of cinematography skills doesn't do it justice.

3 comments:

Brandi said...

How beautiful is that! Definently the Hand of God. I am so glad that you are doing so well, and that you had such a great time on the mountain. And Yes, Chrissy does love you so much!

Anonymous said...

hey I totally lost your e-mail address sorry! bakerca1205@hotmail.com, just send it to me and I will send you the invite. Sorry again,

Jonna said...

What beautiful pictures. Now you've got to climb the Middle Teton. Kenny & I did it a couple years ago with some good friends. It's an all day...and I mean all day climb, but wow, when you get to the top of that teton, it is magnificent. Next the Grand!