Monday, December 14, 2009

No Ba-Hum-Bugs this year.

I am usually such a huge ball of stress this time of year. USUALLY. But this year is different, somehow. I don't know if it is the economy, the ages of my children, the fact that I am pregnant, or if I have just finally managed to slow my life down enough to deal with it all . . . I am not sure. But I am grateful for the peace and enjoyment I am feeling this SEASON. The girls are 8,6,and 3. Good ages. Grown-up enough to help around the house, still young enough to be utterly excited about the magic of Christmas!! It is all so magical. Fun. The girls got to buy a gift for one of their sisters, and they loved shopping for it and getting to wrap it and they are so excited to surprise each other with their gifts. They are catching the joy of giving.

The girls and I cleaned out their playroom---really gutted it out. 1 Bag of garbage (broken toys & such) and 2 bags of DI toys--nice toys that we just don't play with anymore. It was a calming experience, to de-clutter and organize. I know they will be getting some new things for Christmas and I feel like we are trying to make room, so that we are not over-loaded with STUFF, that we can appreciate what we have.

I am so grateful and excited to be pregnant!!! I am at 7 months. Time is just flying by. Our little guy is very active and kicks and rolls all the time--mostly at night. We painted his room and my mom and I made him the most darling quilt. The girls will kiss their hand and press it my belly--to give "Brother Boy" a kiss. They are excited, but I think Whitney is the most excited she talks about him all the time. She tells me how she will rock him and feed him "Hot Ba Ba's" and how he can have her Glo-bug that sings. I just feel such a peace inside. A quiet happiness. Glad that we have this special time of year to remember our savior's birth, to remember why we are all here, to be more loving and thoughtful, to give of our selves and help others. It really feels like a," Merry Christmas" this year. :)

6 comments:

White Family said...

I'm so glad this holiday season had been a much more peaceful and joyful one than in the past. You deserve it! Brother boy sounds like he's about as active as Chase and Landon were. Maybe it's a boy thing. I never did kick counts with either of my boys, I ddn't need to. I had no doubt they were just fine they moved SO much. We can't wait until he arrives!

Kenzie and Whitney look so cute in their little pilgrim outfits. What a fun idea! I'm sure Kenzie's class had such a great time.

Yay for Kenz! Congratulations on your first lost tooth! I think I had the same reaction whenever I'd lose a tooth. I didn't like the taste of blood and it felt weird to close my mouth for awhile. The tooth fairy makes it ALL worth it though. Especially in Kenzie's case! Sheesh, I think the most I ever got was 50 cents for my molars!! Congrats Kenzie!

McKayl Lester said...

It sounds like you are having a wonderful holiday season. I think that kids bring back the magic of Christmas. You look amazing. I bet you are so excited to have a little boy!!!

McKayl Lester said...

Sorry the last comment was from Adrienne Lester. My daughter was signed in under hers. Sorry.

Natalie said...

I can't believe you're already in your seventh month. Hooray! You'll love having a boy; they are so cute and mine is really wild, but tons of fun. Have a marvelous Christmas season!

Melyssa said...

I think that this Christmas is pretty stress free for me too. I think it's partly because we are staying home again this year and don't have to travel. That makes it nice. I am glad you are enjoying this pregnancy. Hearing about it almost makes me want to have another baby soon! (yikes!) - I feel like we haven't talked FOREVER. We really do need to get together sometime. Love ya!

Nick and Brent said...

Those boys are active ones...Carson and Payton always kept me up at night! Only 2 months left, I hope you cleaned out the toy room to make room for more legos and cars! :)