Friday, June 13, 2008

Scott, I love you . . .






With Father's Day coming up I am thinking of you, and how I have watched you become a father. You work so hard at making time for each one of our girls. I love that you spend time with them talking, reading, laughing, playing wii, playing gladiators, taking them fishing . . . They adore you and look to you for assurance that they are special, beautiful, smart, talented . . . and I see you encouraging them and boosting their self esteem. You are always positive with them; always loving and tender. Every night, since they were born, you are the one who tucks them in one last time before heading to bed yourself. Careful and quiet you rearrange bedding, replace missing pillows, tuck in an arm, and then kiss them one more time. I listen to you calm teary tantrums and help our "drama queens" find a balance and a safe place when the "world is ending." You are their hero. I love you dearly. Thanks for being the man in our lives.

4 comments:

Brandi said...

I am glad that he is a keeper!

Adrienne and Darren said...

Hey Christina I found your blog through my sister. Anyway, your kids are so cute. They have really grown up since I last saw you. It looks like you are doing great. You'll have to check out our blog, it is dlesterfamily.blogspot. Take care, Adrienne

White Family said...

Those White boys are something else! Sounds like Scott holds a very special place in all of his girls hearts. Very cute! I've even started making Kyle go in and arrange Chases blankets on him and check on him one last time before we turn in. I think that's really sweet.

Nick and Brent said...

Scott always was good with kids, especially the little ones. I knew he'd make a great dad someday!